Massages From the Director
The Center for Library Resources and Educational Media (CLM)
Asst. Prof. Dr. Siwanath Nuntapichai
Creative to become a leader in quality,
Developing the excellence service to meet the needs of learning and research.”
Over the past 30 years, the Center for Library Resources and Educational Media (CLM) has been a learning center and facilitating service for educational purposes. CLM has been making an effort throughout this time to develop its roles to be a part of the learning, teaching, and research of the University. The information resources have been developed for readiness through educational media and modern information technology. CLM is committed to enhancing its international surroundings and the academic excellence of the University under the environment of the 21st century.
Under our visions, which is “Being a learning center ready with modern information technology, valuing education, committed to developing personnel to have the potential to support the university’s mission and being ready to impress all users with excellent service” we have seven goals as follows:
- To serve as a “Living library”, which is full of information resources and educational materials to support active learning.
- To develop CLM to be a “Learning Space” that has an atmosphere to support learning in the 21st century and to provide an atmosphere that promotes learning, conducive to study, research and lifelong learning.
- To develop a holistic service system with comprehensive, quality “One-Stop Services”.
- To develop personnel to be able to respond efficiently to the mission of the University.
- To support and encourage instructors and students with the ability to access the initiatives, databases and information technology, which are accessible for learning as well as researching methods, in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- To develop and improve the physical and administrative processes in order to be a safe learning space for students, teachers and staff.
- To collaborate with each school of the University to readily arrange “Smart Classroom” and also promote “Online Courses” for lifelong learning.
In this academic year of 2022, although the classroom arrangement of the University is unexpectedly under Covid-19 circumstances, I would like to congratulate the new students and warmly welcome you all to the campus of Walailak University. This year, CLM is still ready to facilitate you all with the best service. It is quite a new challenge for us due to the situation. We wonder how we could provide you with the impressively efficient services the same as previous years.
Whichever conditions come up, however, I believe that our personnel are ready and willing to serve you the best service, either Library Services or Educational Services. Here, with more than 24 databases, our library services accommodate over 500,000 lists of books and journals, as well as digital sources (E-book/E-Journal). We also have communicative services covered with audiovisual equipment to produce media for teaching materials, whether digital videos, paper materials, or even online courses accessible on the site at WU-E-Learning and WU-MOOC.
As a result, we are looking forward to your trust that you will be gaining the best service from us. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to visit our website. Any problem or suggestions from you will be directly considered by the director. For further services, please follow us on the next occasion.
We are always ready to support you and give the best service for your achievements.