“This semester break, no limits: Bring your favorite books home”
The Center for Library Resources and Educational Media has organized the activity “This semester break, no limits: Bring your favorite books home” to make students realize the importance of reading, encourage self-learning and to promote thinking skills, analysis and self-development from reading which leads to social development. In addition to that, it also promoted the effective use of information resources in the form of books, and to promote good relationships between users and operators to have the opportunity to participate in activities with each other. There were 69 students participating in this activity and a total of 219 books were borrowed. Undergraduate students participating in activities separated by schools as follows:
This activity arose from the Center for Library Resources and Educational Media realizing the importance of promoting reading and using the information resources available in the library to create greater value. Therefore, there was an activity to borrow books to take home during the semester break by requiring students to borrow books according to regulations concerning the services of the Center for Library Resources and Educational Media, 2011. However, the number of books could be increased and the due date could be lengthened to promote reading and benefit from using books during semester break, without having to worry about re-borrowing and late fees.
Conditions for participating in activities:
1. Only current undergraduate students of Walailak University were eligible.
2. Students must not have any debts or obligations in the library system.
3. Students requested to borrow books between 18 – 28 December, 2023, with no limit on the number of books.
4. All books were due for return by January 15, 2024 and could not be re-borrowed.
5. In the case of returning books later than scheduled, charge a fine of 5 baht per day/item (according to the announcement regarding service rates, fines, etc. 2012).
6. Students must be responsible for any damage, loss of books in all cases (according to the announcement regarding service rates, fines, etc. 2012).
7. For the first 25 students who join the activity would receive a special souvenir (book bag: preserve book).